Article provided by: Rolling Hills Healthcare
Rolling Hills Healthcare is one of the most excellent facilities for post-operative rehabilitation and skilled nursing care. We offer highly effective outpatient therapy in Belle Fourche, SD, with a team of dedicated, compassionate, and well-experienced clinical staff and therapists.
Who needs cardiac rehabilitation?
Cardiac rehabilitation is an outpatient program that involves a series of exercises and educational sessions. This program is custom-designed according to the unique medical needs of each patient and aims to improve their health. It also aids in the safe and speedy recovery from a heart attack, other heart diseases, and surgeries for heart diseases. Individuals suffering from the following health conditions can benefit from a cardiac rehabilitation program:
- Heart attack, heart failure, and coronary artery disease
- Peripheral artery disease, chest pains, and cardiomyopathy
- Congenital heart diseases
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Angioplasty, heart transplant, pulmonary hypertension
- Heart valve repair, replacement, and lung transplant
Our cardiac rehab programs often involve exercises, counseling and emotional guidance, and educational sessions. We offer highly effective cardiac outpatient therapy in Belle Fourche, SD, that focuses on reducing an individual’s risk for future heart diseases. We also ensure to educate patients on how to maintain a healthy weight, follow a heart-healthy diet, and lead an active lifestyle.
Benefits of cardiac rehab
Cardiac rehab is a life-altering program, and patients must make a life-long commitment to it in terms of leading a healthy life, eating right, and participating in regular physical activity. The cardiac rehab program takes at least three months to teach a healthy exercise, diet, and lifestyle routine in patients, after which individuals can practice the routine at home. Cardiac rehab offers the following benefits to patients:
- Patients get to learn about proper nutrition to keep their heart in good health. Our therapists educate patients on important lifestyle changes to reduce their risk for future heart diseases.
- Our registered dietician creates a healthy diet plan for each patient in recovery in an attempt to help patients maintain a healthy weight.
- Cardiac rehab programs involve counseling sessions, where our therapists and caseworkers offer emotional support and moral guidance to patients recovering from heart diseases.
Besides, our rehab program helps patients build strength and endurance, manage stress, and lead to a better quality of life. We take extra efforts to equip our patients with healthy behaviors, an effective exercise routine, and a heart-healthy diet before they leave our facility.
The outcome of stroke rehabilitation
The outcome of stroke recovery differs from person to person, and it can be impossible to predict the abilities that the patient may regain with rehabilitation or how soon they may show improvement. However, patients that start rehab within 48 hours after a stroke show steady progress in recovery. The success of a stroke rehabilitation largely depends on the severity of your stroke, your involvement in rehab treatment, and the skill levels of your rehab specialists.
Visit Rolling Hills Healthcare today for more details on our outpatient therapy in Belle Fourche, SD. We try to be accommodative of our patients’ busy schedules and work commitments and offer treatment at flexible timings.